Some advice for our new students
So you are new to Yoga Essence – welcome!
If you are about to start your first yoga class, here is some advice for you on what you need to know. But if you have any other questions, please do contact us.
Yoga is a wonderful holistic system of movement and breathing that helps you feel better in yourself. You don't have to be flexible or a certain body shape or age to do yoga. You can stretch in every yoga pose to suit your flexibility. Everyone's body is different in how we move and stretch as our bodies are all made differently. Your breathing, energy and vitality will improve. Yoga improves cardio and circulatory health and improves performance for all sporting activities. The postures range from basic to more challenging as you become more experienced over time. While the movements tend to be slow and mindful, they provide an invigvoration for body and mind. Yoga and mindful movement practices and now recognised as being highly beneficial by the Medical and Mental Health professions.
Benefits of Yoga
- Reduces stress
- Energy levels improves
- Boosts immune system
- You will become toned, flexible & strong
- Improves sleeping patterns
- Breathing & posture improves
- Teaches you how to relax
- Can improve feeling of well being
- Learn how to sense and refine your movements in a safe way
- Helps you to become more mindful in your day
- Connect with yourself in a wonderful way
Tips for new students
- Come to class a little earlier to give yourself time to settle and find a place for you and your yoga mat.
- Let the teacher know before class privately of any medical issues or injuries so that they are aware.
- Rest when need to anytime during class.
- Don't be too hard on yourself if you find a pose challenging as this is very normal. Your body is only becoming used to the movements. Just take a rest, breathe and move gentle back in the the pose.
- Some weeks you will have more energy than other weeks. That's perfectly normal.
- Every yoga movement can be adapted to suit your body to help you feel more at ease if necessary. All bodies are different and yoga is for all.
- Yoga is about getting to know yourself and your body so always move within what feels comfortable for you.
- Try not to compare yourself to other students as everyone moves at a different pace.
- It is not about perfecting any movements, or getting it right!. Yoga is about exploring your limits in a very gentle and nurturing way.
- Our teachers are there to help you with any challenges. So feel free to have a chat with us either before or after class.
- But if you do intend to attend other yoga classes also, please do check that your teacher has an accredited Yoga teaching qualification and relevant experience for what you are looking for. Safey in movement is paramount!
- Remember to trust the wisdom of your own body.
- Remember to breathe throughout your class and enjoy!
- Remember you are perfect just where you are.
What to expect in Hatha Yoga
Hatha yoga is a classical system of yoga where all different yoga practices are derived from. Hatha Yoga class will include gentle breathing practices, simple yoga poses using the breath that will stretch, tone and build strength and flexibility and a wonderful relaxation to close to help you feel more grounded. An introduction to meditation or visualisation practice may be introduced throughout the course.
What to Bring
- Yoga mats are provided for use. But we generally advise students to have their own mat for hygiene purposes and for extra comfort.
- A bottle of water to keep you hydrated.
- Wear comforable clothing that is not restricted around the waist so you can move easily.
- Yoga is best practiced in bare feet, so bring warm socks to the relaxation at the end.
We have a great choice of classes to suit all levels. We also have frequent one day workshops to include Restorative Yoga and Somatic Movement for the perfect time-out experience and also to deepen and explore different styles of yoga and movement.
If you would like details on our classes or schedule, please don't hesitate to get in touch at 086-8474944 or email email@example.com